Hi all! my name is David and I am the one who fights with the code.
I made an anisotropic reflections hair material for Unreal Engine 4 few months ago and I want to share it here.
This is the first version of the material, but I hope I can continue working on it over time, at least until Epic doesn’t finish his own material for Hair and Fur and become this material obsolete 🙂
I hope you like it.
Version 1 Features
- Solid color
- Gradient color
- New gradient control (more Artist friendly)
- Full Highlights Control (Color, Power, Shift and Strength)
- General Shift control (height)
- Jitter amount
- Lit mode
- Roughness control
- PBR Specular Control (Affects all hair, only Highlight 1, Power)
- Rim Light (Exponent, Color, Strength)
- Glitter control (WIP) (Glitter Texture, Switch for highlights, Power)
- Diffuse base texture (colored by Gradient or Solid color)
- Highlight 1 Mask Texture
- Shift Texture (more real hair, anime style…)
I share this material with all of you with three conditions:
– If you improve it or add new features please share it with us 🙂
– If you distribute this material, please include a reference to this site