Today we show you how we make an anime cellshading style illustration: Demonika, the Bad girl of Stars Nya.
I used Photoshop for coloring and FireAlpaca for the lineart.
At first, I make 4 layers in Photoshop for anime style coloring:
- Light layer in soft light mode, 100% opacity, white color
- Eye shine layer in normal mode, 100% opacity, white color
- Shadow layer in multiply mode, 35% opacity, chestnut color (in this image you see black shadows, but I changed to chesnut later)
- Base flat color in normal mode, 100% opacity (in this image you only see grey, but I changed to color later)
I add color to the base layer, and extra little details:
- Extra shadow layer
- Eye layer, I like to paint detailed irises.
- I duplicate the lineart layer and apply a soft gaussian blur filter, put this layer in overlay mode and 70% opacity. This extra lineart layer adds a nice effect to the character.
We hope you enjoy and be sure to check back for more updates!